Sunday, May 6, 2007

I set off for walk 10 minutes from the domestic terminal to collect car from $5-a-day carpark of the overseas terminal in suburb villas tree-lined sunny day but soon bewildered for direction how could there be suburb between the airport terminals wasn't this Mt Eden turned left at t-junction facing ruined red brick building facade disguised at first it was being demolished soon enter city centre I called it the colisseum a great domed building rings of columns dust and rubble noble building partly ruined renewed search for airport no familiar landmarks alley narrowed and a woman backs into me seeming accidental as I pass asks do I want to go for a walk with her I could like that but don't go find a taxi low slung seats three times I try to get in each time the driver drives off a few feet already low almost lying down in the dark interior six people in two rows of seats in the back and two more people in front with the driver

No comments: