Saturday, October 27, 2007

I rode a gunmetal-blue grown-up sized tricycle from Boulder to Denver and back again. Somehow, the road was Flatbush Avenue the whole way. I made great time, better than all the traffic around me. When I got back to Boulder, A's mother was at my house and I was afraid to see her. I spied on her from the porch outside. She was welcoming an old friend of mine, but kept mistakenly/deliberately calling her Agatha. After a while I went inside and told everyone how great it felt to ride the tricycle. I tried to explain how much faster it was than a regular bike, but nobody believed it. I kept thinking: if only they knew...

2 comments:

andrew worthington said...

do you go to bard???

Annandale Dream Gazette said...

Hey Andrew -- I don't know if Elizabeth Bryant went to Bard, but I'll respond since I saw you posted the same question awhile ago. The Gazette does indeed have Bard connections, since it is an online version of a print mag from many years ago at Bard called the Annandale Dream Gazette, originally an inspiration of Robert Kelly's, who's taught at Bard for years. I graduated from Bard many years ago. Other than that, though, it's not a Bard thing at all.
Best,
Lynn Behrendt