Monday, March 22, 2010

I dream that Peter and I are in our kitchen, getting ready to go to work.  He's wearing a burgundy colored sweatshirt and black jeans.  Everything is like it is every morning, the rustle of breakfast and coffee.  I notice that someone else walks into the room.  It's an exact copy of Peter, except he's wearing a bright blue shirt.  I barely notice for a while.  And then I can't figure it out.  We're always two, but now we're two plus a photocopy.  As I try to uncomfortably wrap my mind around the fact that I've now got two husbands, I also try to keep straight which one is the "real" one - probably the first one?  I realize that if I can just find my copy of Kathleen Fraser's When New Time Folds Up, that I'll be able to figure this out.  Then I wake up.

2 comments:

Delia Psyche said...

Fascinating dream. I've never heard one quite like it. Reminds me of a clever Robin Hitchcock song: "My Wife and My Dead Wife." It's about a man who lives with his living wife and the ghost of his drowned wife. He can't decide which one he loves more. This polygamous arrangement sounds enviable.

Elle said...

Very interesting!

Have you had other photocopy dreams?