Friday, June 25, 2010

I was walking back home from a great meal at one of my favorite restaurants, the Global Palate,(go support - they rock!) with my tennis team and my husband, Peter. We're all wearing our salmon colored team shirts.

As we're walking back to our house, the captain of my tennis team is explaining to my husband that she has offered me "a great benefits package: two weeks off in the summer, a flexible schedule..."

At which point I'm standing in the middle of the street, surrounded by my teammates, screaming dramatically at the top of my lungs, "But I don't get PAID to play tennis. Wouldn't THAT be part of a great benefits package?"

Must have something to do with the tricky, intense match I played last night. And the fact that it's been a bazillion degrees out and I haven't slept well in days.

No comments: