Saturday, October 15, 2011

over the years I've had this recurring dream... the first time that I recorded it it became  section 8 of The City (1974).
recently the "old man" (I am 70) morphs into Stone Girl (she is ... young). Here is that section 8  just as it was originally composed:

8

it is the quietness
within
that makes the move
ment
of animals
going
almost
unnoticed


              .an old man
              was with me

              he came upon
              me
              suddenly

              his voice was
              low
              & rough & in

              his talk
              sd nothing
              important

              as the moon
              came
              animals came

              we slept with
              no fire

              in the morning
              when i awoke
              he had already

              gone

             .i do not know
             his name

No comments: