Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I was in college again and was at a reading. Unexpectantly, Bruce Andrews shows up and begins reading. Some people are annoyed because it was already the end of the reading and Bruce wasn't supposed to be one of the readers. But I'm in the front and in the middle of his reading Bruce demands cantalope. So I go into the kitchen area and find him cantalope and I'm about to bring him some of the melon, when Rosmarie Waldrop grabs it from me and tells me that she will bring it to him and tell him to end the reading. This happens. Many people leave, but I am still hanging out with Bruce because he thinks I'm going to let him crash at my house. We find a cassette tape that has recorded the poems people were making up in their head as Bruce was reading. I'm one of the people on the tape. I am very excited to hear my own thoughts recorded. Bruce misunderstands me and thinks I'm not interested and destroys my segment. I am very angry with him and leave. Then a player from the Polish Olympic handball team comes to us to show us his medal. Bruce and I watch several minutes of play on a video screen. I tell Bruce that I like games where the same formation is run over and over again until it works (soccer). He is not impressed with my assessment. I leave Bruce in a classroom filled with undergraduates hanging on to his every word. Also, during this entire dream, I am not wearing underwear and only a cloth to cover me. As all of the actions are occurring, I am worried that Bruce will notice I am not really dressed.

No comments: