Thursday, July 31, 2008

Project Dreamway

Dreamed last night I was a contestant on Project Runway. Problem: the instructions were confusing. Maybe there were no instructions. I think the first outfit I made was a very 80s tunic & leggings in black jersey; I decided I hated it and ripped it up, started making a scallopy layered dress out of the same fabric... but then I heard or remembered or realized or something that the judges didn't want to see black, that it wasn't "risky" enough. I was not on the usual set, it was in some half-abandoned institutional building in the country. There was some issue about shitting, I don't remember what it was. But I do remember that one of the other contestants made this amazing Marie-Antoinette style dress out of peacock feathers, and I was trying to do this totally amateur thing in black jersey. It was very anxious-making, this dream.

No comments: