Friday, October 21, 2011

I was in a room, possibly a bedroom, possibly a room like the bedroom in wch I was sleeping while dreaming this, the bedroom wch is also the room where I write & edit movies, where I read & listen to music & watch movies - possibly not.  I was w/ a girl, maybe my current girlfriend in waking life, maybe not.  Maybe we were working on a project together.

I left the room, perhaps I went down steps to another room, a living room.  There was a screen door to a porch to my left.  I saw an ex-girlfriend thru it, "Jake" - someone who I haven't seen in over a decade & who hasn't spoken to me during that time.  I heard a disguised voice calling to me.  I realized that it was hers & I looked at her & now she was wearing a mask to hide that it was her.  I left the room thru the doorway & sd something to her like: "Oh, it's you, long time no see" & then went down the porch steps where an even older male friend that I haven't had much communication w/ for 2 decades asked me if I cd help him w/ something.

I agreed & got into a van w/ him & another guy - maybe thru an open side door.  I asked about what he need help w/.  He showed me a spot in the van wall where water was bubbling out.  I asked him what he was going to do about it.  He told me that we were going to turn the van on its side & he was going to cut a slit in the van wall & repair the pipe (or whatever) that was broken inside.  He got in the driver's seat, wch had 'materialized' next to where the bubbling water was - despite that's apparently being the BACK of the van & started to drive off - w/ the other guy in the front passenger seat & me in the back.

Soon, the ocean was on our right & the other passenger & I mentioned that neither of us ever goes to the ocean even though it's so close.  The road was close to & parallel to the ocean - w/ just a sandy area separating them, an area that cd be used for parking.  The driver jumped out of the car, wch was going slowly, & got onto a bike in front of us - to lead the way to the parking area - leaving the car driverless.  The car had become a convertible w/ no roof & no windshield & the other passenger & I were in the back.  We suddenly realized that the car was driverless & that one of us wd have to get quickly into the driver's seat to take over control or the car wd crash.

The driver's bike in front of us was kicking up a huge sandstorm b/c the road was covered w/ sand.  I got into the driver's seat but it was awkward b/c I'd had to climb into it from behind & cdn't get my legs into the right position.  Further complicating matters was that the sandstorm & the lack of windshield were making it so I cdn't see.  I cd barely make out where the road was & where the entrances to the parking area were that I was trying to get the car to so we cd work on it (even though it was no longer a van &, therefore, no longer had the wall in it that had the problem w/ the water bubbling out).

I dimly saw a 1st entrance but the brakes that I'd felt for w/ my awkwardly placed feet were barely working & the car was now going too fast for me to pull over.  I was desperately trying to avoid going off the road &/or running into other cars &/or pedestrians.  I'd almost slowed down enuf to get into the 2nd, & last, entrance but the car was still moving a bit too fast & I was afraid I'd hit someone or something so I kept going on the road - still w/ extreme sand in my eyes.  I decided I'd slow down more & turn around.

The roads immediately got more complicated.  I may've turned around but then somehow turned the car right across a bridge over a small canal - thereby making it so that I'd have to turn around again to get back over the canal again.  Still barely able to see or control the car I started up a ramp wch led onto a 3 lane highway where all the cars were coming toward me.  I managed to slow down enuf to U-turn again & found myself faced w/ 3 forks in the road.  I tried to go back down the one on the left that I thought I'd just come from when a car started coming up it, as I had done, apparently going the wrong way - as I had.

This forced me to take the middle fork wch led to maybe 2 more choices - everything being under-construction ramps in the air by this point.  I chose the left ramp choice but it wasn't even clear if there was even a complete road there.  There were Jersey walls (or some such) & warning signs &/or caution tapes & the ramp was too curved for me to see if it led to somewhere where I might want to go or if it shot out into 'empty space'.  I might've then seen that it DID lead somewhere safe - but still chaotic.  All this happened in a very quick way - in 'a matter of minutes'. 

No comments: